“When a customer compares between vendors, the one with an ISO certification is going to have an edge.”
We’ve covered the concept of compliance frameworks in previous episodes, but now we’re taking a deep dive into what it takes to obtain a specific certification: ISO 27001.
If you’ve ever wondered about the benefits of ISO compliance and the potential challenges you may face during the certification process, you’re in the right place.
In this conversation, Marie Joseph, Senior Security Solutions Engineer at Trava, and Anh Pham, Senior Security Engineer at Trava, discuss the benefits that ISO compliance brings not only to your organization, but also to your stakeholders and customers.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- ISO 27001 is an international standard for managing your security.
- ISO certification gives you a competitive advantage over your competitors and builds customer confidence.
- It’s crucial to budget enough time and bandwidth to work on ISO certification.
- Don’t stress about doing things perfectly. Use a checklist to stay organized through the process and you should be good to go.
- Starting with ISO certification can give you a head start on other compliance frameworks you may want to pursue in the future.
Things to listen for:
[02:00] What ISO 27001 is and how it fits into a broader cybersecurity strategy
[05:00] The benefits of achieving ISO 27001 certification
[08:00] What to expect during the certification process
[11:00] Anh and Marie’s advice for organizations considering ISO 27001 certification